AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving to Des Moines Area
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 8/2/2013 12:31 (#3243860 - in reply to #3243087)
Subject: RE: Moving to Des Moines Area

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

We're about an hour and a half from there, but spend quite a bit of time there with family/friends and business.  It's a nice area, I think.  Like every town that size, there are shabby, run-down areas that you wouldn't want to live.  But most of the residential areas are neat, clean and attractive.  Lots of activities in the area and downtown.  Farmers Markets, open-air concerts and cultural events in the Plaza. Science Center of Iowa, Iowa Historical Bldg and the Botanical Center downtown, Iowa Gold Star Museum at Camp Dodge in Johnston.   Saylorville Lake to  the north at Johnston,  Lake Red Rock to the south near Pella.   The airport is small enough to be very easy the navigate, but large enough to have plenty of travel options.   I-80 and I-35 provide good access in and out all directions, and I-235 cuts east-west thru the downtown area for easy access to events and features there.  Winters are cold and blustery, but probably not much moreso than where you're coming from.  I think you'll enjoy the area.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)