AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cows enjoying cooler weather (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 7/27/2013 23:50 (#3233211)
Subject: Cows enjoying cooler weather (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

The 40's degree F lows and 60's degree F high temperatures today may be unusual for late July but my registered yearling bull and his cow group seemed to be enjoying the weather. Calves are looking good with most of them getting close to 400 lb.

I snapped a couple phone pictures of them grazing back and forth this evening.  My new yearling bull Z072 may not be very big but seems to be getting the job done. He also seems to be a very mild mannered, docile bull. But I am still keeping an eye on him.

This coming winter's grazing corn is in the background and appears to be doing well in the cooler weather also. The outside row or two have a few spots where the turkeys dug up my corn seed after planting, but not too bad.

Here are a couple pics.

Jim

I lightened these two pictures a bit as the time was after sunset. I usually don't retouch photos but these phone pics were too dark.

Edited by Jim 7/28/2013 00:01

(2013_07_27_Z72 and cows grazing in cooler weather 020.jpg)

(2013_07_27_Z72 and cows grazing in cooler weather 025.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2013_07_27_Z72 and cows grazing in cooler weather 020.jpg (80KB - 60 downloads)
Attachments 2013_07_27_Z72 and cows grazing in cooler weather 025.jpg (83KB - 52 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)