AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raking tedded grass and alfalfa, wrapping alfalfa (TC) (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 6/21/2013 16:32 (#3166890 - in reply to #3166884)
Subject: Re: raking tedded grass and alfalfa, wrapping alfalfa (TC) (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

The grass bales were all in the 10-13% range. The alfalfa bales varied considerably both depending on where I measured in any one bale and between bales. I guess depending on whether they were baled from a high spot or a draw on my rolling hillside contour strip. They really should have lay another sunny day, if I had one.

I will check the alfalfa bales again.  What would be the ideal moisture for wrapping?

Worst come to worst, I'll just feed these now or over the summer. It would be nice if wrapped and pushed together as they are they would still be good feed in late July or August. 

Tim, if they are mid 20's and wrapped/pushed together as pictured, how long will they last?  I appreciate your comments.

Jim

btw the NWS forecast has at least a 40% chance of rain every day for the next week. If I had not baled the alfalfa would it be worth much if it laid out there for 10 days through our 2.3" this morning then a couple more rains before we get some drying weather? A rookie question.

Should I maybe figure on tube wrapping all alfalfa the second day in this sort of weather pattern?

Edited by Jim 6/21/2013 16:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)