AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your thoughts on 5.00+ corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

feelnrite
Posted 1/11/2008 18:02 (#281052 - in reply to #281024)
Subject: RE: Your thoughts on 5.00+ corn

northwest tennessee
It is not good for me. I am small and have 60 cows cut my hay and rent some row crop ground out. At this point the cows are not working for me I am working for them and it is not paying. Fertilizer is already out of reach for the product I am selling. I have my calves that I have weaned and am feeding and always do this and do well. I normally sell them in feburary but dont know when I will sell them now. I have thought for some time that ethanol will be the worst thing that has happened yet to farming. I have row croppers around here that are already living like kings pretty much and wait until this gets going good and you havent seen anything yet. They will be crying about high input costs and not doing any good. If I was selling a product that had doubled in price I would not say much about the price of inputs. YOu will say just break the ground up and crop it. Well I have been working on fertility for years and have my potash and phosphate in good shape and my ph is good. Once you get rid of grass it is not that easy to get back. Nor is it easy to get the cattle going again. Takes a while to start seeing anything out of them once you are out of it. The ground I am running cows does not lay the best either but could be cropped but dont want all my fertility mined and that is what would happen. Just not in a very good mood today and I am sorry if I have stepped on toes but you asked for my thoughts and this is just some of them. I am sure I will get a good reaming but bring it on, I have been reamed before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)