AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your thoughts on 5.00+ corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dave morgan
Posted 1/12/2008 13:14 (#281555 - in reply to #281052)
Subject: RE:$5 corn and cattle

Somerville, Indiana
I hate it that there are so many bad times that we all have to go through to be able to enjoy the good times. Going into January, 'knowing that we will loose money raising cattle', is like it was when hogs went to $25/head when they went to slaughter. We all have to pull together and help each other through these hard times. The grain farmer that has a mortgage to pay on isn't in all that good shape either, as his costs are skyrocketing too.

Please keep reading this forum and speaking your piece. You are among friends, some of the best friends that you will ever have, as we can share your grief, and also your joys. We don't get sore at people who need to vent their feelings from time to time, happens to us all. Some of us have Mom or Dad to talk with during times of stress, but a lot of us don't. It sure makes us realize how much we miss them though. Email works if you need to talk.

I am so happy that the market forum has came alive when we all need it the most. Last winter I was trying so hard to get arguments and feelings out in the open but most of my efforts were in vain, cept for Ed and Onlooker. Seems like it is so hard to discuss financial problems and success with others, but marketing is the part of our business that we all need help in the most. New markets, different crops, ways of saving money, making money, all are right here among us. We just need to bring it to discussion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)