AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Swerve or not on animals?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

beh
Posted 5/6/2013 23:22 (#3084611 - in reply to #3083602)
Subject: Most people who think they are better drivers than most are wrong...

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
John SD - 5/6/2013 12:26

77 Farmer - 5/6/2013 06:28

77 Farmer - 5/6/2013 07:26

t-boss - 5/6/2013 07:17

All swervers are not created equal. Some have better skills than others.

Good for you if your brain can always see oncoming traffic in other lane and bridge banisters in milliseconds and you do movie style acrobatics. I will bet you in some time if you have a family not everybody will be blessed like you.

I agree with t-boss. If you can swerve without endangering other drivers, by all means do so. But don't take the ditch for any animal. If there is oncoming traffic, you are pretty well locked in to staying in your own lane so as not to endanger oncoming drivers yourself. Of course, much depends on if you meet 6 cars on the given stretch of road, or 60 cars on the same road.

What if it is one car, at the right time? How do you make that judgement at that time? What about over correction?

I consider myself to be a 'good' driver, not half as good as I once thought I was though. I have had my fair share of scares and most of them were because I thought I was a better driver than most. Unless a human life is in danger I don't swerve. And if the human life that is in danger is mine or my passengers I weigh my odds. I have lost a couple good friends in roll overs et al. and God bless thier souls, most if not all thought they were better drivers than everyone else on the road. It aint mean if it's true.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)