AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SSTT (sideways snake train tractor) new idea possibly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boggen
Posted 4/3/2013 13:20 (#3010571 - in reply to #2968557)
Subject: Re: SSTT (sideways snake train tractor) new idea possibly?

Trivoli, IL
setting here waiting for hopefully a working ASUS motherboard replacement to arrive via fedex. lost count think i'am up to 40 plus days now. dealing with Asus. A tad bit on the ugly, checked out BBB.org and flashing "RED ALERT" for Asus. and seeing complaints of customer service to products defective even after replacement. and it has been going for 2 years now *frowns*.

been slowly searching patents for "tractor" and flipping through them, to double check SSTT (sideways snake train tractor). getting a tad buggy eye'ed. only a few more thousand to go.

needing a break, from the click fest for patents, went on a "robot, drone autonomous, auto nav" tractor searches on google. came across a couple things....
lost the link, in all the mess. i want to say it was something like fendt.uk or something like that.
Fendt and placing a small set of tracks on left side and right side of a regular wheeled tractor and tracks raise/lower. kinda of good of both worlds. not tearing up tracks on roads, at same time able to lower them in field to gain that extra traction and reduce compaction by trying to spread weight out.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=171603&posts=1...
interesting setup. near the idea i have for the SSTT. but wheels do not pivot 360 degrees. and cab is attached to tractor. almost resembles the Dowler Gantery machine.

http://www.konedata.net/Traktorit/fendt231GT.htm
road grader turned into a tractor, with implement were the blade use to be.

http://www.farmersguardian.com/news/machinery/machinery-features/st...
not really related to SSTT but rather tractor of future concepts.

=============
it is getting down to point... were SSTT is becoming a generator with combustion engine. that basically has a box placed around it all. that allows multi things attached to it. make it wheels, to linkages (think kinda like 3pt hitch on tractors). to grain bins, to flat bed like a trailer, to other. the main frame is kinda of a all-in one swiss army knife. but as soon as i state that. i think it is more like one of them kid construction sets, make it legos to other. were you have this battery pack with motor attached to it in a single large block. and you just attach what you need. to get what you want.

in this case..... stuff that attaches would be...
--single wheel (no motor, no brakes) just wheel and rim
--single wheel with motor and brakes
--double wheel (no motor, no brakes)
--double wheel with motor and brakes
--optional fender mounted low watt lights, for either driving at night, or bright lights while in the field.
--track (few different widths) (small length say 2 to 3 feet long)
--track (few different widths) (meidum length say 3 to 5 feet long)
--track (few different widths) (meidum length say 4 to 8 feet long)
--linkage (think 3pt hitch) (couple different power rated grades, of how much they can lift)
--linkages optional, extra long version of above, for what ever.
--quick connect option for linkages. to make it easier to attach implements
--flat bed (think flat bed trailer)
--box bed (think grain wagon)
--grain wagon, with augers or conveyer belt pending on crop type.
--bulk fluid container, (fluid for a sprayer setup, or some sort of liquid fertilizer, or simply water tanks, to water the live stock)
--weight box
--dynamic weight box (contracts / extends) in and out while out in field. to add or remove how much weight is out in front of the SSTT. to counter balance implement being pulled behind the SSTT.

main frame + engine
--1 to 3 grades, cheap and light, medium, and costly / beefy frame.
--each frame type X amount of HP, and perhaps an engine or 2 to choose from.
main frame (no engine)
--kinda of a drag around frame, for implements and stuff that ya really do not need another engine for,

end connections (sort width ends)
--solid beam, (connects to frames together, and makes both frames as if they were a solid single frame)
--multi flex, (lets each frame twist and bend, but no real control of how they do it)
--powered multi flex, (ability to transfer weight around, and make better tighter controlled turns)

end kits for frames
--light kit / slow motion options. ((tail lights, left and right turn singles, brake lights, slow motion signs))
--light kit front head lights
--optional front and rear camera options for front and rear option kits
--wireless communication setup kits (other words different antenna arrangements and types of antenna's)

field mode option kits for lights and cameras
--boom mounted camera and lights (on a pole that just sticks up in the air) and mounts to one side of SSTT
--dynamic boom mounted camera and lights (motors and actuators, everything can be moved around and bend and twist. so a person could move lights and camera down low to the ground or perhaps moved at a certain angle to check on things, that would other wise be impossible to see without, physically stopping everything and getting out and walk around and check things out)

while it may not be legos, or some sort of kids "construction set" that allows kids to build what ever they can think of. the overall idea is near to that effect of using similar connection type points for everything. but most likely for the SSTT, things are more "specialized" vs having a common connection type across the entire thing and how everything connects.

boy, while the kid in my says ya ya, the other part of me is saying, i don't know about this. but... then i look at the 100's of regular current age tractors. and ya got a basic frame, engine. and then everything is adjusted for the engine from wheel sizes, to frame, to weight. to other. and i am looking more at a specific length say 13 feet long 8 feet wide for everything to fit into. and adjust things as needed for that. so i can keep CTF control traffic farming, adjust wheels for spacing, add/remove wheels as needed for compaction in a field or task at hand and overall weight, adjust frame and engine. or rather take wheels from one frame with smaller engine in it. to another beefer frame and larger engine in it. and keep everything the same. just swapping things. and still be able to use same implements, controls, etc... i guess when i think back, when mom, found this metal frame like construction kit at some yard sale and brought home for me, and building something, i was thinking, boy... i wish i had the knowledge and ability to make this that a little more stronger and beefer. to actually make work, and a different sized motor for right here, and a different pulley, or chain for this.

===========
arghs, fill like part of me is dead, without a pc that i can use autodesk inventor, or like CAD program. hurry up fedex
with above said, getting near end of engine search. and need to narrow things down. though, not sure at this point.

if i can get pc backup and running, i may hit autodesk inventor, and then buy the newer "farm simulation 2013" game. and see about getting 3D files from autodesk inventor transferred to the game. just to see how things would look and operate.
if i can not get pc going, then it will be BBB.org and most likely buying a new computer *frowns* and then during down time, see about narrowing engines down. and slowly going through all the patent searches with a fine tip brush.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)