AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Brazilian Farm] Anyone wants to see/talk about brazilian stuff?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

aqf
Posted 3/16/2013 22:09 (#2970152 - in reply to #2969773)
Subject: Re: [Brazilian Farm] Anyone wants to see/talk about brazilian stuff?

WC Illinois
Lucas, awesome posts.

South American agriculture has always fascinated me. Im trying to get straight how you "get started in agriculture" like you did on such a large scale. Here in the us, competition is so fierce, it is very unlikely for someone who is not connected to farming in some way (grew up on a farm, can work into an existing operation) to "start a farm." Is there enough land and opportunity in Brazil for someone to start farming with no prior connections to agriculture? Also, if you don't mind, what would you say the average size farm (acres) is in Brazil?

Also, if I am reading it right, land sells for 3,000 to 5,000 USD per acre or so? Is the land that is available for sale owned by other farmers, government, or who? Thats about half of what the best land goes for here, and something most of us US farmers are not considering is that you are able to raise two very good crops per year on this land.

I am just fascinated by all this, please keep posting and if you ever do make it to the US look some of us up...we could learn a lot from each other!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)