AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Brazilian Farm] Anyone wants to see/talk about brazilian stuff?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

brusamarello
Posted 3/12/2013 11:59 (#2959972 - in reply to #2958783)
Subject: Re: [Brazilian Farm] Anyone wants to see/talk about brazilian stuff?

bigmiker:
Some years have more troubles with RUST, some with dry wheater. Some with Stink Bugs...
This year "LAGARTAS" are our big problem. Some lands in some farms drops 4-8 bushels due the high atack.
One note, We call "LAGARTA" for caterpillars and Earworms

I work in prevention mode. Cause last year I have some problems to control one particulary caterpillar(Heliothis virescens)
This year some soybeans have Helicoverpa zea atack(YES, a Corn pest atacking the soybean) and a high pressure of Pseudoplusia includens(walker is USA?).
Years ago the control of caterpillars are simple and cheap :/
Today we need to use few cotton products to caterpillars(Much more money wasted).
One aplication of "ESPINOSADE" costs about 1 bushel per acre here :/
This year I made several aplications (rynaxypyr / Espinosade / methomyl , methoxyfenozide)

About Stink Bugs
Some products are BANNED by federal law for controling Stink Bugs. (example: Methamidophos)
I use imidacloprid, acephate and some others products/ingredients to prevent/control

Here Market in corn in order:
Pionner
Dekalb
Dow-Morgan
Syngenta
Others

In products to agriculture:
Syngenta
Bayer
Basf
DuPont
FMC
Dow

In soybeans 99% use RR beans.

The leader are Monsanto(Monsoy)
Have few new geneticists workin in new materials.

We have some soybeans with aluminium tollerance.
high potencial(but less healthy),
soybeans with 100 day cycle (planting to harvest time)(to planting safrinha corn soon)(but if have dry time the yealds go down brutaly)

Particularry in my region has 2 breeds taking 65% of the lands. Both developed in Argentina
The 35% have others 15 good breeds for this location.
I live in a transition area, I could use few South breeds and few north breeds.

This year syngenta realeases one particulary material for 5 farmers for trying/testing pourposes.
Im very happy cause I am one of this five farmers and the new material are GOOD for bad sandy soils. And part of the farm have this kind of soil :/

Gererally use here 8 to 12 gallons per acre for spraying(self propeled sprayer)
Speed? 10 to 15 miles/hour
Teejet, Hypro and Jacto(leader) tips
I will buy one SP sprayer, I didnt have(Only few farmers didnt have).

About the Corn BT, (the year correspont to realease date)
2008 we have Yeldgard ® Cry1Ab
2009 Agrisure TL ® Cry1Ab and Herculex ® Cry1F)
2010 Yeldgard VTPRo® Cry1A.105/Cry2Ab2 and Agrisure Viptera ® Vip3Aa20
Last year comes the best of here today. Called powercore(cry1A.105, cry2Ab2, Cry1F, cp4-epsps; Roundup Ready Corn) http://newsroom.dowagro.com/press-release/dow-agrosciences-launches...

Bur Yieldgard didnt protect anymore, only few farmes still use.
Herculex(cry1F e pat) too, but all here use to safrinha corn(less atack than normal corn) and are much cheaper than VTPRO and the new powercore. For safrinha corn we talk about cheaper things cause if dont rain the costs dont hurt too much.

The next reply probably I will talk about some deseaces in soybeans here and about weeds resistance(a big problem here and more bigger in other places in brazil).

Edited by brusamarello 3/12/2013 12:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)