AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Illinois Drought.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 3/10/2013 13:22 (#2955171 - in reply to #2955139)
Subject: Re: Illinois Drought.

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
I understand, i was kinda joking because every meeting Ive attended in the last couple months, all we seem to discuss is the horriable drought in the I states. but for the life of me, I just can't seem to find which I states they are talking about. Rain is going to be covering the whole state of ILL by this evening. Whens the last time you s pulled Texas up on the Radar and and the WHOLE STATE was getting rained on at the same time.

We are wet here, I only have about 7 tiles total but they have all been running for a month or so. But I haven't been worried about drought sense about august of 2011 when it dawned on me that it didn't do any good to worry.

Btw, about the prevented planting. I tried getting it on beans last year and they said I couldn't get it in Missouri. The general argument from everyone I talked to was "just plant them you will make double the money planting them and failing" I could understand in a normal situation not arguing that, but My problem is I farm far away from home and have junkier stuff and it was hot and dry. I did some serious wear and tear planting beans that I knew weren't even going to come up and they didn't Im thankful for crop insurance but its just sad that it has to work that way. Without crop insurance i never would have tryed planting the crop and my planter wouldn't need new disks and firming points.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)