AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Video of my Old Tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rusty6
Posted 3/3/2013 16:19 (#2939415 - in reply to #2939360)
Subject: Re: New Video of my Old Tractor

S.E. Sask.

shaun3480 - 3/3/2013 14:01 Neat video. Always wondered why the belts were so long and had so much slack in them.  I like the saw mill that they have set up. I would bet the poster above would have a coronary about that saw running. BTW I really didn't see anything wrong with stepping over the belt. Looked like it was only about a foot off the ground or less. If you were stepping over a PTO shaft with no shield that may not be very safe.

Shaun, longer belts are easier to get tight enough for traction, also alignment is a little less critical . A short belt is a little more unforgiving.
Yes, back when I posted a link to my wood cutting videos I got a comment or two about how dangerous it looked. And I agree, that spinning saw blade inches away from your body is extremely dangerous. Thats why you never take your mind off that fact when you are working near it. Keep your attention focused on the job, maintain good footing and don't get in a hurry. Made a lot of sawdust over the years and still got all my digits.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)