AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I'll just raise steers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 2/27/2013 11:14 (#2929915)
Subject: I think I'll just raise steers

SW WI
Been having a frustrating time selling my corn stalk bales and hay. Since when does "I'll be there at 9" mean whenever I get there? I realize things come up but just give me another call, you have my cell number, you can get ahold of me. Maybe it's just a here thing but after asking all about quality,storage, and loading you say I will take 1 bale? Really, move tractors, start bobcat, keep things plowed out for 1? Oh, can you hold then for me? Sure I said. Now when the weather is a little nicer and trying to line up moving them you say "Oh, I guess I don't need that many after all"
This is my fault. I should of said no holding, you want them you buy them now. We are looking at them, if you like what you see, lets load them now. In the fall I placed a value on my stalk and hay bales and felt feeding them was just breakeven to get that value out of them. Why not save some work and equipment wear and tear and just sell them instead. When the weather is nice and I should be hauling corn or doing field work I will be tide up with this.
You can tell I'm frustrated and I know I didn't stick to "rules" when dealing with other people. Some of this is on me. I won't be doing this again. Breakeven or losing money on cattle will still be more enjoyable than this stuff. Nose to the grindstone after this, set amount of chores to do every day and you know the work will be there. Just venting. I wouldn't think of selling the stuff out from under someone after I promised to keep it for them, I just don't know how cancelling or not showing up is O.K.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)