AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Master showe tile just needs cleaned *pics and other house pics*
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jim
Posted 2/8/2013 17:02 (#2884534 - in reply to #2884387)
Subject: RE: Looks good

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Thurd Ferguson - 2/8/2013 14:34  ...We had a ground source in the first house, loved it! We recirculated the water back through the water heater before it went back out under ground. This did void our warranty on our particular water heater. It failed at two years...

The solution that circulates through the field in my geo system is not straight water. Whatever it is that runs through there is probably what ate your hot water heater.

The Water Furnace unit I have has a separate loop that takes water out of the bottom of the domestic hot water heater, preheats it from incoming 50 degree range to near the infloor loop temperature which is about 90-100 degrees.  Then the hot water heater only needs to supply about 20 degrees to get it up to 120 degrees typical hot water setting. This loop is the same water that comes out of the hot water tap.

I don't think people need to be afraid of using geothermal to preheat domestic hot water. I agree a properly designed and installed geothermal system  is really something to "love".

Jim at Dawn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)