AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

so i priced a vertical?wagon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JFDairy
Posted 2/6/2013 09:16 (#2878734 - in reply to #2878419)
Subject: Re: so i priced a vertical?wagon

middle TN
I have a 5132 Knight also. One of the reasons I bought that size was the hp rating. That said, I dont think with what I feed will 60-70 hp operate it. It works 100 hp pretty hard cutting sorg/sudan and grass baleage. It is on a 4050 Deere now, works it pretty hard. It will mix 3 4x4 bales of wet hay, if you allow it to process a bit before putting in the next one, although there is some overflow occasionally. I have used some 5x6 bales, more overflow with those, only while getting the bale broken up, handles the volume after the core is broken. I mix on a slab, so just scoop up what falls off with the skid loader. It seems to be pretty heavy off the concrete, I wouldn't want to attempt feeding in much mud without a MFWD on it. It has been mostly trouble free. I have replaced the plastic liner in the discharge conveyor, replacecd the U-joints in the front shaft, and adjusted the discharge chains every now and then. I have added some extra knives. I need to replace the knives any time now, used it daily since May of 2008, at least one load a day, sometimes two in the winter.

Jared in TN

Edited by JFDairy 2/6/2013 09:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)