AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the perfect loader for dairy, farm.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/21/2013 23:48 (#2840020 - in reply to #2839225)
Subject: Re: Thanks for the replies.............

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Thanks for all the input today! I kind of leaning to a pay loader after reading here and talking to people around here. I've heard good and bad about Telehandlers, I had talked myself out of them today. I called the salesman I talked to Saturday and told him to hold off on bringing one to the farm to demo and I was leaning to a payloader. Well the truck showed up this afternoon with a new JCB. Driver told me to go get it dirty, told him I didn't want to do that. He replied we got a guy hired to clean it if you don't want it. Told him it would be a couple of days before I could try it out, as I might have to truck some cows to Nev. maybe tomorrow. I did sit in the seat, it had a lot more room than a http://www.degelman.com/index.php I got in a few years ago. A dealer brought one in the area, it took them over 2 years to sell it. I saw it a year ago in my area going around and tarping hay stacks and loading trucks.

I'm betting if I buy anything it will be one of the big three manufactures Case, Deere or Cat in a Wheel loader. And I would put the Galaxy Hippo tires on it as everybody here recommended, I had saw them on here before. Thanks for the lead on tires.

I happened to run into one of the guys that has a Gehl Telehandler in the valley and asked him about his machine. He gave about the same report as AgTalk did. Kind of a love hate deal, He told me Gehl went broke, that was news to me. One other guy with a Gehl here said they don't like theirs, a little tippy he said. The other dairy here as a New Holland, they use the heck out of theirs. But the last loader they just bought was a Case 621. Case just emailed me a few pics of a 621E they have and a price. Darn lot of money, but comparing weight of iron looks as if that's a better buy.

So I don't know if I want to get rid of my Bi-directional or trade it off. I always like having extra loaders around, but I hate when the nickel and dime you to death. This might be the time to buy, as for the dealers that I called last Saturday and today were all over this. Looks as if business might be a little slow right now. I used to love to look at iron, but I'm getting to the point all I can think of that is money going out of my pocket! I hate to even look at new cars and trucks. My father asked me to go and look at a 2013' truck for him and decide on what he should get, I wanted to run and hide vs. going to dealer and picking it out for him. I still remember grandpa taking me the dealership and having me order his new truck for him. I didn't even have a drivers licence at the time. By how times change, I'm waiting for the time I can turn this stuff over to a kid and let them worry about paying for them! LOL

Thought I would post the pics of the Telehandler they brought today. I did peek under it and it looked as if they use the flat faced o-ring bolt on fittings on hyd. hoses. Now if this dairy deal would turn around I would feel better about looking at a loader, but 2009' is still lingering in my mind.
Thanks again for input, I really value everybody's comments.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 1/21/2013 23:50

(001 (800 x 600).jpg)

(002 (800 x 600).jpg)

(003 (800 x 600).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001 (800 x 600).jpg (62KB - 330 downloads)
Attachments 002 (800 x 600).jpg (51KB - 384 downloads)
Attachments 003 (800 x 600).jpg (89KB - 354 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)