AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Small, efficient feeding barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 1/20/2013 16:06 (#2836256 - in reply to #2834841)
Subject: Re: Small, efficient feeding barn

western iowa,by Denison
will now clicker thats not fair-some of us have baby payloaders and old tractors with small feed wagon's attached-I know my fuel bill with the 4020 and small payloader is lot less gallons then dad's 1655 oliver gas,and A john Deere feed wagon tractor,not to mention the old gas powered truck grinder that ate 40gallon a week of gas grinding ear corn!I know the buildings have cut down on my bedding-as it seemed like I would get new cattle in and it would rain or snow every day-and all we got done is cleaning pens 16 hours a day-I have outside pens also -each has its advantage-and we have a blue tombstone also-it has never sat empty-always has had feed in it-things change in farm operations all the time-I think Jake asked a great question-I havent had time yet to draw him a plan-I think its great we have interest in 80 head guys-that is 2 loads of fat cattle that can be contracted for delivery or open market-having a building would insure he meets compliance for the epa and dnr and one less worry,plus if you do the work yourself you can save a ton of money and build something your proud of!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)