AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

right to first refusal rental agreement...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 11/24/2012 13:10 (#2714243 - in reply to #2713953)
Subject: RE: right to first refusal rental agreement...

North of London
I know a renter who has tiled several farms that way and pays a relatively low rental rate per year with a 10 year lease.
Works for landlords because they get some cash flow to pay taxes and a little over BUT they do not have to come up with the capital to improve their land which they know needs to happen.

I do not know details but that is the general over view.

I think you need a written legal document and have it registered somewhere with an outside agency with the kind of capital you will need to invest.

I think it would be a good plan to write in a payback amount for each year if the lease is broken for any reason.

it is not inconceivable to understand how a landlord might want to sell for any number of reasons in a 10 year period so a written plan of cost of covering the investment in the tile would be best for both you and landlord.
The land owner will continue to have advantage from that tile 50 or more years so should be saleable to have a payback plan over the 10 year period.

Talk to the landlord, put different options on the table and see what he/she might want and what you can agree is best for all.
A good deal is good for both parties. If it is good for only one it will unravel sooner or later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)