AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 11/19/2012 22:03 (#2706763 - in reply to #2706573)
Subject: RE: Need opinions

North of London
You say you know him and help him.

When you are helping him one day just come out and say you would like a chance to rent some of his ground if he decides to rent it out.

If you do not get that opportunity then drive in to see him some day and just nicely ask him to give you a shot at renting his ground if/when he decides to rent it out.
Make sure you approach him in a 'casual' way so he does not think you are trying to hurry him along or push him out of farming it himself.

Being an 'old guy' I have had at least 5 different individuals stop in to tell me they would like a shot at renting my ground.
The most impressive offer I had was a few years ago when a farmer nearby stopped in with his oldest son and told me they would be interested in renting, share cropping or just doing custom work for me if I needed it. No push, just letting me know his 2 sons were starting to farm with him and they had the machinery, time and need for more land if/when I decided to quit OR scale back my workload.
I also have a younger fellow who does combining for me who has indicated he would be interested in at least one property I have (and more I expect) that is between 2 of his.

I also have a good neighbour that works back and forth with me on different things that has indicated he would be interested in some of my land. He already gets hay off some of my land and has properties both sides of where I live.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)