AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

8300johndeere
Posted 11/19/2012 20:57 (#2706573)
Subject: Need opinions

Ok there's a neighbor that my dad has known for probably 40 years. Well about 5 years ago he'd started buying farm ground away from home and has rented it to another farmer in our area that is a complete prick. The farmer has bought several new prices of equipment and built a nice grain leg and a pit and a few other bins.. Anyway the guy that we know has become greedy with his rent and is asking a lot, the farmer farming it now has no problem paying VERY HIGH rent, also on alot of his farm ground not just this piece. The guy that we've known also farms about 650 acres down the road. What I'm trying to say is that we'd really really like to farm it when he retires, probably about 2-3 years from now. But we're afraid that the current farmer will just walk right into the other 650 acres. We've known this guy for about 40 years and help him out all the time with miscellaneous jobs that he needs help with. How can I approach him to see if I could farm it when he retires? I'm fine with the high rent because that ground would give us enough for me and dad to farm full time. He also owns probably another 600 he doesn't farm and rents out. What do I do!! Maybe if markets swing back down it would put a financial squeeze on the other farmer and he'd have to back off the greedyness
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)