AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody offer a bounty to trap beaver on your farm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IADAVE
Posted 11/9/2012 18:59 (#2688145 - in reply to #2688066)
Subject: Re: Anybody offer a bounty to trap beaver on your farm?

I used to shoot them. At first you could just wait quietly and shoot a few every day. Then they got smarter and you had to shoot at night. That was 25 - 30 years ago. I quit shooting them 20 years ago as they got to where they would never come out. Evidently the older generation taught the younger ones. The last few years I have shot a few but the only way I had a chance was to strip down and get in the water. Once in the water you would have to unplug the dam. I have been in the water with them pushing a wall of mud right beside me. I assume that since the water was all muddy and I was also pushing a wall of mud that they thought I was a beaver. When you get the water real shallow and they think you are one of them you get the gun out that has been sitting on the dam and hope you don't miss! As I was stark naked I didn't think it was prudent to just grab them!
I have heard of guys offering bounties but you have to be careful who you are dealing with. I have seen guys billed for the same beaver several times or else they came from some where else. If the trapper was doing that you would think he would be smart enough not to brag wouldn't you?

Edited by IADAVE 11/9/2012 19:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)