AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Potassium Sulfate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

southernokie
Posted 10/24/2012 12:34 (#2658572 - in reply to #2658343)
Subject: RE: That don't make any sense to me, Ed......

martin - 10/24/2012 08:54

if you were talking about liquid products, I could see where blending a red product and a white product would give a pink product.  However,   muriate of potash is a dry granular.  And Potassium sulfate would be a white granular - at least I think it is.  So, if you blend a red granular and a white granular, you would end up with a blend of red and white granulars, not a pink.  And you should be able to see the individual red granulars and white granulars.

Am I correct??????

Generally correct, but the amount of iron based coating on MOP can vary batch to batch hence the color of MOP can vary and the actual analysis by a few %....I've seen fairly dark red, to pink to clear no coating....each through 2 separate vendors and in the same year. Wipe/chip off the coating and you should have an opaque granule of KCl...pure lab grade KCl is white like table salt. Some claim the white MOP will test highest K2O.

Foliardud, I though you promote high phosphate and low potash, like Reems? Curious what phoshate and postash test levels you like to see in soils?...and the ratio of P:K?...general example is fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)