AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATTN. DEERE SEEDING GROUP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Farmerjh
Posted 10/12/2012 00:19 (#2635913 - in reply to #2635027)
Subject: RE: ATTN. DEERE SEEDING GROUP

Weatherford, OK
If your tractor has two hydraulic pumps then you basically have my valve already. Turning one pump into two pumps is what my valve is doing. Two of our tractors have 2 pumps and two don't. My recommendation would be that if you are getting a new tractor for your air drill get one with 2 hydraulic pumps, and it will save you some hard-ache, fuel and hot hydraulic components. But if you are pulling your air drill with a front wheel assist or a tractor that has only one pump, my valve should help the problem. I don't know how familiar you are with current hydraulic systems, but most tractors now are a load sense system. This means the hydraulic pump will vary the flow depending on the load required(pressure needed). If you look at the hydraulic demands that the tractor sees from a air drill, you have two very different demands. One is a fan that requires a lot of flow(20gpm) at a low pressure (1500psi), and the active down pressure, which requires no flow, but keeps the pump at max pressure(2800 psi), but it really only needs less than 1000psi. So from a pump standpoint it is trying to maintain 20gpm and full standby pressure, in which the fan remote only needs 20gpm at 1500 psi. So you have excess pressure which takes flow to create that is basically going over relief which is creating heat that you have to cool which creates your overheating and thus you are having to use fuel to keep the hydraulic pressure by maintaining more flow. My valve basically keeps the pressure of the pump to the requirements of the fan (low pressure). Hopefully you can see that if you have two pumps they each act according to the requirements of them. Hopefully this makes sense, if not I can try again.

Thanks,
Jacob
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)