AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATTN. DEERE SEEDING GROUP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 10/11/2012 21:29 (#2635350 - in reply to #2634754)
Subject: RE: ATTN. DEERE SEEDING GROUP

Rivers, MB
From what I understand, there's quite a price premium to go from a JD to a Bourgault.

I was in Valley City 18 months ago for a tour and meet the head honcho's type of event. For prospective JD drill owners. I was impressed with most of the people and the factory. It was obvious though that the engineering side of the seeding group has been the forgotten step child to JD for a while. i suspect that the R and D money for the company has been tied up in the big sellers and EPA mandated engine issues. It was amusing to hear the factory guys explain why 430 bu was the biggest cart they make (till now at least). According to them, I just didn't understand how difficult it was to build a bigger cart. Oh well.

That being said, we're looking for a JD drill. There are many positives about the JD drills/carts and with the integrated GPS/monitors in the tractors/combines/sprayers, makes running them quite straight forward.

Thanks for your "rant". I'm sure there are JD factory people reading it. Very constructive critique with solutions. Not just a rant how bad stuff is. I always figure a negative comment w/ a way to improve things is worth something. A negative comment without anything postive is not helpful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)