AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stupidity In The Air
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

moonshine
Posted 6/14/2006 15:59 (#19445 - in reply to #19236)
Subject: RE: Stupidity In The Air

The small craft was probably a student doing "turns around a piont" which teaches how to do a coordinated turn. Keeping the needle and ball centered so the coffee cup dosen't slid off the tray. Watch a spray plane in the turn and see if he skids, coordinated or just does a wing over.
Lost. I seem to have been very good at that. Almost missed the Phillipines once. Junk airplane. No nav gear. Needed to be there. Some 600 mi over water. Wind changed. Only 100 miles off at land fall.

Lost in Tonkin gulf with !00% cloud cover. Nav failure. Fly south and east and hope.

Lost in undisclosed location. PIC failure. Situation where everybody shoots at you. It hit the fan over that one.

Then there was the time we mobilized the ---------- just for fun.!? More fan business.

Or flight planned and had winds at 30 out of the west. At a turn point we picked up the jet stream at 275 on the tail. Ground speed 695 knots. We were early for happy hour.

You ain't close till you can see inside the other cockpit and see the exspression on the face or the design on the helmet. Watch the coast for missles and fly through a 50 plane Alpha strike formation when assingned flight levels get screwed up. See and be seen is the rule.

Stuff happens.
I better shut up before they come and get me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)