AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what you do need to be worrying about
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

brads by laws
Posted 8/20/2012 02:56 (#2548613 - in reply to #2548570)
Subject: Re: what you do need to be worrying about

I guess there are some very niave consumers.When I hear the corn flakes or corn chip analogy,it always makes me feel like someone is trying to snow me.There nevers was much cost from corn assosiated in the cost of corn flakes.So double the almost nothing and you still have almost nothing.If I want someone to respect what I'm telling them, I want them to know I am a straight shooter.Picking examples that totaly work in my favor doesn't strike me a being a straight shooter.I would agree that high corn doesn't effect the cost of food as much as most think.I think we need to tell the story without comming across as a con artist. I would like to think there are consumers bright enough to see through the crap. Maybe I'm wrong.I used meats in my example( probably should of used something other the steak)because that is where the 6-1 feed conversion would have the most effect on consumers bill.If I buy a 500lb. steer that finishes out at 1350lb. I use roughly 80bu. corn.3$ x 80 =240$ When you figure what Joe Consumer eats thats not huge amount of dollars in a year's time.But it is more then a penny or two in corn flake senerio.Like I say,I just want to treat the consumer of my products with respect and not like an idiot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)