AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Western corn root worm beetles and vt3 corn...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

scmn_06
Posted 7/11/2012 23:38 (#2480474 - in reply to #2479960)
Subject: RE: Western corn root worm beetles and vt3 corn...

Blue Earth, MN
Last year we could see A LOT of feeding on VT3. This year you could see worms burrowing in the roots on VT3. I'm seeing VT3 corn without insecticide starting to gooseneck.

Smartstax looks good because of the HX trait.

We use insecticide on everything. That helps.

We had to spray RW beetles this year in fields that had VT3 corn. They didn't come from this year. They came from last year. In all reality, even with the VT3 trait, we should have been spraying for RW's during the summer. Especially in continuous corn.

I will not have any product with VT3 on my acres if I can get the same hybrid without the VT3. It is money tossed into the wind technology.

Corn with the best overall root health I have is a conventional number with a full rate of planter applied insecticide.

One last thing, I heard something today along the lines of "the VT3Pro's seem to have better rootworm protection". It has the same RW trait as VT3. No way can it be better.

DeKalb didn't raise prices last year...of SS corn. VT3's went up, they added more VT3pro's which were priced the same as SS. The fact they raise the price of corn that has a trait that isn't performing should be grounds for a day in court. Yet guys continue to buy this stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)