AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dec, 12 corn....we're back to the stretch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 7/9/2012 00:38 (#2474831 - in reply to #2474690)
Subject: Re: Dec, 12 corn....we're back to the stretch

Hi Ren,
The upper red line (we'll call it the UML, short for Upper Median Line), projects time and energy into the future. Since it is an upward sloping line, it projects a upward trend, and as time passes, the price increases as well. There are other rules involved, and I run the danger of over simplifying the Dr. Andrew's works. I posted it up for a possible new perspective into the markets. We tend to get ourselves wrapped up in exports, weather forecasts, USDA reports, etc. But if you can ( I know I struggle, especially when it doesn't rain ) keep your mind clear, and read what price is saying, they are incredibly powerful tools. It is said that it is the only true "leading indicator" of projecting where price is going, with an high probability. Far from an expert here, still learning, but I can honestly say, they are quite stunning....almost magical at times. Attaching a chart of where the line goes. Also, I am attaching a few 2008 corn charts and a loose interpretation of Dr. Andrew's rules.. We can tear these charts apart every which way from sunday, and learn alot. Also, there are alot of free sources out there on median lines if you so inclined. A good one is medianlines.com (hopefully, that doesn't violate any rules...I am not affiliated in anyway.)

(zcz2 -2.png)

(2008 corn 1.png)

(2008 corn 2.png)

(2008 corn 3.jpg)

(2008 corn 4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments zcz2 -2.png (88KB - 65 downloads)
Attachments 2008 corn 1.png (96KB - 63 downloads)
Attachments 2008 corn 2.png (87KB - 63 downloads)
Attachments 2008 corn 3.jpg (38KB - 57 downloads)
Attachments 2008 corn 4.jpg (35KB - 43 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)