AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

generac standby generator?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/4/2012 07:15 (#2465529 - in reply to #2465498)
Subject: Re: generac standby generator?

Chebanse, IL.....

olf20

Should someone like GeneChamp "consider" increasing his KW purchase? I think it's relatively cheaper now, especially consider the potential life of the stand-by. I'd assume a good stand-by should last 30-40 yrs? Why not? I realize electrical things in the house are more efficient these days, but we're always adding more. I remember not that long ago our farmhouse was still a 60A circuit, maybe upgraded from a 40A. Anyway, the install price is probably the same on any size KW unit right? Even if one does install himself. I don't mean to spend his money, but one should at least consider it for an extra $3K or so.

Also, what about using wall outlet relays (plug-in type) on some hi-draw things that don't really need to be on, like dehumidifiers? Often they may be hard to isolate on a circuit & when the power blips for 3 seconds (I think all standbys have that wait time?) the relay would've dropped the dehumidifier or space heater, or whatever non-essential is plugged in to it. The home inhabitiant would have to remember to re-engage it when it became possible. Certainly not something you'd want to hook your freezer to however. Just a thought to help out on reducing generator load.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)