AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

********Weigh Ins 7/1/12 to 7/7/12***********
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 7/2/2012 19:54 (#2462900 - in reply to #2461978)
Subject: RE: ********Weigh Ins 7/1/12 to 7/7/12***********

I'll chime in. I re-started watching my weight on the 13th of June. During planting season I am so busy I just don't have the motivation to even think about it. Usually during planting season I eat whatever I want because I feel like I'm working hard enough I can get away with it. Usually that results in a significant gain. The pleasant surprise this planting season was that I did not gain anything.

I weigh myself daily while I'm watching my weight. Then I insert that weight into a spreadsheet designed for OpenOffice based upon the Hackers Diet. The spreadsheet takes the difference between your trend weight and todays weight and divides it by 10 and then subtracts it from (or adds it to) your trend weight for a new trend weight. Basically it smooths out the daily variations and allows you to continue checking in daily. It's about the only way I can keep myself concentrating on a diet because I know I have to keep putting a number in the next day.

An example of how it works would be that last Monday morning I weighed 4.5 pounds more than I did this morning. That loss per week would normally be considered unhealthy. However, my trend weight is showing that I have lost 1.5 pounds which is a healthy rate of 0.21 pounds per day.

Unfortunately for me, I need to lose quite a bit. Ideally I would lose a little over 50 pounds over the next year. This would put me on the lower end of what would be a healthy weight for me. We'll see how it goes.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)