AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

confrontation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Bulldog Red
Posted 6/30/2012 13:18 (#2458452)
Subject: confrontation

Kathleen Ga
I bought a nice original 1066 back in 2004 with the intent of doing some low level tractor pulling.I'm not a farmer but I have family that farms so I elected to keep it at my uncle's farm.I told my uncle if he needed it to use it, thinking light use was better than it sitting.Well,this particular uncle has not done well in the past decade and has sold off alot of equipment and borrowed money from my mother and aunt and cousin to keep going the last couple of years.At family get togethers,he's mentioned to me that he has no need for my tractor and if I wanted to get it or sell it then I should come get it.Well,I haven't got to realize my dream of pulling it as money is tight and I have a son to put through tech school starting this year.I talked with my cousin and he wants the tractor and mentioned it to my uncle last week.He flew into a rage{which is his nature}and informed my cousin how much money he had put in the tractor and it wasn't going anywhere before he got his money.Now, from what I've heard from my cousin and his neighbors and when I've visited during busy times over the years my tractor has been seeing some pretty heavy use.The repairs he's made and putting used tires on it are simptoms of regular use that's been going on now for some years.After calling him a shouting match begun, as you cannot reason with this man in a normal tone.I informed him whatever money he may have spent on it is forfit,because he's regularly used it and I would be down the next day to get it.The next morning when my cousin went to his shelter to begin work there sat my tractor.I try to do the right thing and don't want this to be a thorn in my side till he or I pass.After sellling it and paying what he claims he's got in it I won't have much left to help my son.I need a little Christian opinions here to help me with my decision.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)