AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Supreme Court Upholds Helath Care Law
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GangGreen
Posted 6/29/2012 00:22 (#2455915 - in reply to #2454414)
Subject: Re: Supreme Court Upholds Helath Care Law

Eastern Iowa
This is a "health care improvement" law that charges a company a tax for providing excellent health coverage (for me and my employees it will be $1600 per) while allowing other companies to dump employees into crappy public insurance exchanges for $95 ( a number that will increase over time and max out at $695.) This incentivizes people to drop insurance, not purchase it. Particularly when they can drop in and out of the market as their health care needs demand, for a fee (EXCUSE ME a tax.) Economics boils down to consumers making rational decisions. Under this law, thanks to its provision on preexisting conditions, the rational move for anyone is to not purchase coverage until they incur hospital costs that are greater than the cost of insurance plus the IRS penalty (sorry CJ Roberts, IRS tax.) You wonder why your insurance premiums are up 25% since the law was passed? Insurers will be forced to cover full expenses without the benefit of revenue from premiums. To suggest this will improve health care for all Americans would be laughable--it's a recipe for disaster.

While the law may be constitutional, it really doesn't change the fact that it might be the worst law ever. And all the Dems who have been avoiding referencing it for the past two years (Obama included) may find it much harder to do so in the coming months. Be careful what you wish for, Obamites. Sometimes you get it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)