AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Attn. Deere Seeding AMS Group......Time to step up to the plate!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/24/2012 16:33 (#2447165 - in reply to #2447068)
Subject: RE: Attn. Deere Seeding AMS Group......Time to step up to the plate!!...not everyone

Chebanse, IL.....

Matt

There is no doubt you have problems, others here have echoed their problems also. I can totally imagine your frustration, many of us have been there before, maybe not w/this problem, but other mechanical problems where you were needing fixes (not answers...FIXES) and not getting them. Hopefully when your problems get adressed & solved, someone will be able to tell you exactly what the problem was & you'll be able to report back here.

However, if you're wondering if 100% of the Seedstars are bad, or were "rushed to market" making them iffy at best, they're not. We have Seedstar XP on a 1770 & have had 2 yrs of pretty good luck. We were bothered a little this spring with that one infamous day where the gps kept blinking off in the afternoon, however I believe that problem is answered. I won't say ours is perfect, but nearly so. We have a couple of neighbors w/similar setups with no problems either. However, I have a friend over in the Peoria area that did have problems. I understand that the XP had less problems. Not sure if that's what you have, but ours & neighbors are XP. We also have the latest software ver.

Again, I wish I could help you, but the only thing I'm adding here is that not all the JD stuff failed this spring, or last.

Finally, I'm sure some readers are snickering & assuring themselves that any of us buying the electrical stuff are getting the problems we asked for. However, we drive by another neighbors farm almost daily that was planted with stick-shift 7000 planter. He has hundreds of acres of the old problem that many of you have seen.....the "loping" transmission drive problem. All the way across the field there are small pattern-traceable skips. It never shows in any kind of monitor, not even if you like watching the old floating gauges on the lid covers...you just find the problem out after the corn gets about V4 & you're sitting up high enough to notice the problem. How long as the 7000 been out? 35 yrs? No big thing, but not all problems were electrical-caused, or solved. I agree w/the full page warning being unneccessary.

Good luck out there. Check back w/updates if you can.

(DSC06039 (2).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC06039 (2).jpg (44KB - 62 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)