AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Bill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 6/9/2012 12:56 (#2421444 - in reply to #2421294)
Subject: Re: Farm Bill

Texas/New Mexico Stateline

We need to get rid of all this wasteful government spending!!!

Well, unless it is my little pet projects, and handouts I get.  Why sould our community not get handouts while everybody else is getting them?  We shouldn't balance the budget on the backs of (farmers, police, old folks, teachers, single moms).  Doesn't everybody know how important our little pet industry is to the national security of our nation!?  Make all the others go first when it comes to budget cuts.........etc. 

I guess the question is what is more important to the society as a whole?  Where is the best return on tax dollars spent?  A cleaner better conserved environment or cheap food?  Or is it the same importance?  Personally I think it should all go away.  I think most land conservation problems could be solved by making the landowners liable for damages they cause to other's property.  Let your land wash or blow away, the county or state could have statutes to penalize them for the damage they cause.  =silt, nutrients in water supplies, etc.  Put a lein on the property if they problem is not solved.  No need to babysit landowners with CRP and government built terraces.  

(Full disclaimer! I have CRP and terraces.....while the program is here I will use it....until it is hopefully changed

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)