AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer delivery screwups
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bsfarms
Posted 6/2/2012 12:11 (#2410598)
Subject: Fertilizer delivery screwups

south central WI
I ordered fertilizer from the coop. I told them to fill the spreaders. If the spreaders werent there to pile it in the bunkers. I left the spreaders where i usually do. I could see them from the barn, so did chores until i could see they were full. I gave up on waiting and got some corn down for the morni g feeding. As i drove down to where the spreaders were i could see the delivery paper in the tractor door. I waited 3 hours for fert that was already delivered. Heres the kicker...they dumped the fert inside the commodity shed instead of outside in the bunker. They put both loads ON TOP OF 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MIXES! This mix had urea dap and potash, they dumped it on top of a load if straight urea and a load if urea and DAP. I called them up the next day and calmly told them about the screw up. I wasnt mad, there was nothing i could do about it at thia point except carefully load and try to seperate the mixes. They were very apologetic and gave me free delivery for 3 days (about 50-75 tons worth). Here's where it gets interesting. The next day i spread potash amd AMS on the hayfields. I ordered some fert for the corn. They delivered it and put it in the spreader this time. Prob is the spreader still had 1/3 load if potash in it. I didnt even tell them about that one, i decided i just had an expensive story to tell. This is the 1st (and 2nd) problem i have ever had with them. I like them because they bring me out two spreaders to use, where thw other local coop i was 12th on a waiting list for a spreader last spring.

(rps20120602_105042.jpg)

(rps20120602_104812.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rps20120602_105042.jpg (58KB - 70 downloads)
Attachments rps20120602_104812.jpg (50KB - 63 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)