AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another question for Jim@Dawn about 6000 and Pluribus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KSdeerhuntr
Posted 6/1/2012 10:14 (#2409002)
Subject: Another question for Jim@Dawn about 6000 and Pluribus

I asked you earlier about running your 6000 in the fall and pluribus in the spring. A few questions I have, did you guys come up with a toolbar that could be used for the 6000 units and Pluribus interchangeably without taking too much time to switchover? If not which toolbar do you recommend? Currently we would be pulling these units with a JD 7730, 190 HP 150 pto HP, around 10000 lb lift capacity. Could that be done with a 11-13 row unit? Would we need lift assist, or would gnuse link help? I'm going to invest in a montag cart and maybe we should get the cart that integrates the lift assist wheels, but I don't want to have to always have the cart attached to the toolbar. I plan on using the 6000 in the fall to apply nh3 and dry fert at the same time but also sometimes just one or the other. Then on the corn acres I plan on using the pluribus in the spring to make a nice Mellow seed bed while also maybe applying some fert at that time. On bean acres I plan on running the 6000 anytime to apply dry fert and on Milo and corn to sidedress N or apply N preplant. I'm also planning on variable rating the dry fert through the montag. Do you have any experience with deere's dry rate controller for variable rate? And will my tractor have the capacity to run the Montag?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)