AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How prepared are you for the worst?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gromit
Posted 5/23/2012 17:46 (#2394982 - in reply to #2394043)
Subject: RE: How prepared are you for the worst?

Lac qui Parle County Minnesota
20 years as an EMT on our local ambulance squad. Not much I haven't come across.
I was very fortunate. When I was at the Technical College, they required all of us in Ag Production to take a quarter of first aid/first responder training. Covered a lot of things, including childbirth (we're at a higher risk to have that happen). A simple first aid kit would handy. 4x4 bandages, a few of your wife's sanitary napkins(ask first and remember, they are designed to absorb a lot of blood), cravats (take a couple of dishtowels and cut them in half diagonally( google cravat bandage-amazing all the things you can do with it), turkey baster for suctioning, baby aspirin(give 5 for people suffering heart attacks), regular band aids, some tape, maybe an ace wrap or two.
However, the MOST important first aid course you can take is to learn CPR. Pretty easy, but ask to learn about giving breaths also. They are taking that away from the public version but if it is your family, you'll want to give breaths.
Just remember, the ABSOLUTE worse thing is to do nothing. Can't tell you how many times we have come to a scene and everyone is just standing around doing nothing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)