AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

****Overweight, Obese, & Severe Obese, where are you?***
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

okpanhandle
Posted 5/12/2012 19:09 (#2380331 - in reply to #2380051)
Subject: Re: ****Overweight, Obese, & Severe Obese, where are you?***

Guymon, OK
I'm 5'11", so according to that chart I'm normal, but recently I've been slightly overweight. My driver's license has said 175 since I got it at 16, and aside from some fluctuations here and there it's never needed to be changed. I know I do look better now than I ever did in high school and college, and I think it's because I've put on more muscle since becoming a full-time farmer. I'm still soft and doughy, though, and I think getting down to around 165 would make a big difference. A couple years ago I got up to 185-190 during the winter, and I looked and felt terrible. It was eyeopening to me just how much difference a few pounds makes in a person's overall health and well-being.

My friends who are heavier than me keep saying I don't need to lose weight, and to an extent they're right, but I'd like to lose the gut and get stronger (I'm tired of my younger brother showing me up). I'm not looking to be really skinny or Mr. Universe, just healthier. Besides, I'm not getting any younger and if I don't develop some better habits now it'll be that much harder to do it later.

Frustrated Farmer - 5/12/2012 17:35

I see at 5'9" I have a long ways to go before I can even get down below the obese threshold. I was feeling rather proud of myself for loosing 25 pounds and dropping from XXL to XL.

Back to the gym tomorrow I guess.

Chart, shmart. You should be proud!

Edited by okpanhandle 5/12/2012 19:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)