AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My body is more like a tractor...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 4/26/2012 18:37 (#2355145 - in reply to #2354964)
Subject: Re: My body is more like a tractor...

North Central Illinois
Well, I never went to my family physician because it would have taken a week or more to get an appointment. I also knew that as soon as I mentioned shortness of breath and racing heart the nurse would have told me to go to the ER. I just bypassed all of that buy never calling my family doctor and going to the local ER. This is a small town of about 7000 people with a fairly small but decent hospital. After getting vital signs and ordering blood work and chest xrays it was only a matter of about an hour and a half before they knew I was in trouble. They informed me that there was little they could do for me there and immediately gave me a handful of choices about where I might want to go. We chose Peoria Illinois and within two and a half hours an ambulance had transported me there. By 9:00AM the following morning they did a bone marrow biopsy and by noon knew I had leukemia. By later that afternoon they knew what kind of leukemia I had and by that night they had laid out a course of treatment. I started my treatments the very next day and things just went on from there. I have no complaints with the way my care was handled.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)