AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My body is more like a tractor...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 4/26/2012 11:09 (#2354718 - in reply to #2353686)
Subject: RE: My body is more like a tractor...

North Central Illinois
I was in a similar condition to you last fall. Short of breath, heart racing, tired, etc. As we were in the middle of harvest I put it off for a week or two and finally decided to go to ER and get checked out one night. Like you, I thought it was my heart. My hemoglobin was 7.8 and by the way normal is 14 to 16, my white count was under 1 which is extremely low, and my my platelettes were very low also. Cutting to the chase it turned out there was nothing wrong with my heart but I have leukemia. The doctors think I had been sick for several months and my body just kept compenstating for it until things got so run down that the body started giving off really serious warning signs. If I had ignored them and tried to make it through harvest I probably would have died within a matter of a few weeks had I not sought treatment that night. Whatever the problem is guys don't put it off. Go get checked out ASAP. You can feel foolish later if it turns out to be nothing. Good luck with your tests.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)