AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worrying child, update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

rpc
Posted 4/25/2012 10:24 (#2353133 - in reply to #2352773)
Subject: RE: We're Home.

One of the worst days in our lives was when our 8 year old son was diagnosed with diabetes. He is 29 now .a normal functioing adult with a steady job he has had for 7 years and a child of his own. In responce to the thread in the cafe, when our son was 15 -17 , that was a bad time for all of us, but since he has become ann adult and on his own, he is a ball .
Some things I wish we would have done different. We should have went to a majoor city hospital instead of the local, the knowledge of the disease, and the support available was tenfold. When we got there, we saw how lucky we were to have a treatable disease to deal with. Other parents were getting worse news about their children. I tried telling our son how " lucky" he was. Bad thing to tell a little boy that doesn't understand what's happening, but you as his parent are still allowed to think that.
Hardest part was letting the other kids still be kids , while the one with diabetes can't be a kid. All major holidays are based around sugar. Any kind of party or celebration is filled with food he can't have, and now the other kids aren't allowed either. You will have to change the way you eat and what you eat. It is not the end of the world and your family will be heathier for it. No easy answer for you or your family and how you plan to handle it. My phone number is 412 418 5922. Good Luck, Ron
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)