AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Capital intensive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

broze26
Posted 4/20/2012 05:54 (#2345078 - in reply to #2345040)
Subject: Re: Capital intensive

NW Iowa
Agreed, Sheehan you hit the nail on the head. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when opinions bring out a bad attitude nothing will seem good. My milk check isn't as big as it was a couple months prior either and the coming months don't look all that good either but be positive stay the course and it will pay off in the end. Pat, I am certainly not against you or anyone on NAT, I understand your feelings due to your age and that the dairy isn't padding your pocket like you would want it to at this stage in your life, but there has been plenty of ups and downs in this business over the years so you should know how this all works. Dumping capital into your operation isn't all bad either at some point that capital is going to pay off. I am probably on the younger side of the spectrum in the business so i have a lot of years to recoup the capital investment that it has taken to either improve or just stay in business. So I am looking at it from a totally different point of view. The economics of your operation are what you make of them, you have the control to do whatever you want with your money you don't have to put much back into the dairy if you don't want to, If it was me I still would put it back in the operation, but what do i know, I am just a young guy trying to weather the storms of low prices and high inputs so i guess take my opinion for what its worth
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)