AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2-Garmin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DAN wcOH
Posted 9/16/2007 04:31 (#204417 - in reply to #203914)
Subject: RE: GS2-Garmin

Greenville, OH
Arnie,
Amazing how much I forget in a years time, but I will try to recall as much as I can.
My 9660 is a 2005. Added the GS2 in 2006 and needed a Deere PF80773 harness.
There is no RS232 provisions in the cabling to roof of cab as the Starfire is CAN based.
Deere DTAC #70857 Topic Utilizing third party receiver or controller, said I would
need additional harness PF90363 and the directions for replacing wires in 26 pin conn
that plugs into 2600.
I did not do that but spliced into existing wires.
From my notes, for Comm Port 1
pin 22 is purple/white-- Receiver TX
pin 23 is light blue -- Receiver RX
pin 2 is black -- Ground
pin 25 is gray -- CTS
Powered the Receiver from connector in cab.
There was conflicting info around last fall but I feel sure Receiver has to be 19200 baud.
5 hz is better, but 1 hz should work.
Each time I powered up I had to go to a screen and select Non-Deere GPS.
My Garmin 16A worked fine last fall, but I did finally mount it up on top of bin extensions
to avoid dropouts driving one direction.
About two weeks ago dealer called and offered to install new software as they had it in their laptop.
I verified everything was still working before they started. After the installation we had
no Gps and there was no screen to specify non-deere gps as before. I finally found a new
screen for setting up comm ports and selected Port 1. I immediately had a gps reading and
a few seconds later had 3d diff.
I think now it may have automatically found it and maybe nothing I did.
Now there are like 3 screens of gps info, status, etc. It probably still takes a minute
after the screen powers up for it to find gps. That is similar to last fall.
I would say, if you make any change to give it plenty of time to find the receiver,
particularly with a new installation.
I'm still a little concerned about WAAS. One screen shows the sats that are being received,
quite often 8 or 9 sats, but none are the new WAAS sats (135 & 138 ) from information from
reliable posts. But the 2600 is saying I have a 3D diff connection and all is well ??
I hope you can get it going. We will probably start soybeans next week.
No bumper crops here.

Dan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)