AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PBI to suspend operations!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 3/27/2012 21:55 (#2309107 - in reply to #2308703)
Subject: Re: PBI to suspend operations!

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Seems to me like they must make other than "pink slime" at these plants.

How can you have THREE packing plants and 1200 people just making "LFTB"?? Where do the trimmings used come from? 

I wonder if this isn't just an excuse to reduce capacity now that cattle numbers are down? 

In any case, it seems like the buyer has a right to know what is in the product he is buying and choose to buy it or not.

If the buyer chooses not then the packer needs to shift these people and production to making products the customer DOES want to buy, not push or sneak modified/treated product past the customer. As described in one of the links in the previous thread, this is not the first time "pink slime" has been a controversy. they could have seen this coming.

Some folks here seem to suggest this is a "media plot". I see at the consumer speaking out as is his/her right.

We as cattlemen need to be aware of this because what is done downstream of the ranch or farm has the possibility of affecting consumer perception of our beef and ultimately demand for the beef we produce and love.

This whole episode just gives the vegetarians more ammunition.

jmho.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 3/27/2012 21:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)