AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soft rubber problems with new Goodyear tires
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 6/3/2006 23:07 (#16806)
Subject: soft rubber problems with new Goodyear tires

We've got problems with some soft rubber on some tires that are on our tractors and planter. All of the tires are Goodyear. Weve run some conventional trash tillage and some notill this spring.

On our 1770 planter we've put so many plugs in them I've lost count. Matt spent over 2 hours spraying soap water and plugging and finally gave up and just put air in the last tire so he could run the last morning. (same ground our Kinze might have had one flat per year so it's not where we are running the planter)

On our 8130 that we plant with the front tires have had chunks of rubber chewed out of them mostly on the rear side of the lug or the under neath side of it as it would be coming down. The tractor has about 275 hours on it, mostly on the planter and at this rate the tires will be junk at 1000 hours.

On an 8430 with ILS and front duals the tires are just wearing down fast. This tractor has about 300 hours on it this spring, probably 175 working ground with a mulcher and 125 on a 13 yard scraper. I've never seen tires wear so fast. These also have a green tint that looks like some sort of oxidation that is on the outside. The green has just showed up in the last 2 or 3 weeks because it wasn't there when I saw it before it went out on some of Charlie's jobs.

Deere says they don't warranty the tires, but from my point of view if Deere allowed Goodyear to sell them tires that had not cured properly, they should assume some reliability for that. I don't figure it is my job to keep the tire mfg. honest. For what it's worth the rear tires on both tractors appear to be ok.

Anyone else have similar problems with Goodyear tires? Did they try to work with you to adjust them?

TIA for any comments or suggestions.
Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)