AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

44 MPG !
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jim
Posted 3/8/2012 21:22 (#2276374)
Subject: 44 MPG !

Driftless SW Wisconsin

As much as I love my 1 ton Dodge for pulling trailers and hauling about anything, there is a need to have something a bit more fuel efficient for running into town etc.

I've been considering a small pickup or SUV etc. However none of them really gets significantly better mileage than my diesel to warrant the cost. Would really like an electric or hybrid but can't rationalize the cost.  Finally happened upon the Chevy Cruz Eco.

This thing just brought me from the farm to our plant at 44 MPG!  The sticker says 42 MPG highway but actually it seems to do better than that on the highway. 1.4 gas but turbo and 6 speed manual give it some real get up and go.

Not a tiny little thing but more midsize feel. The first of this type car that at 6-1 and 230 I can get into the drivers seat easily without banging my head on the roof.  Made in Lordstown OH, the engine says made in the USA. I'm probably not their target demographic for the Cruz but I think many folks will see it as a day to day run into town or just me on the highway car. I think it said 10 airbags.

I have to hand it to GM. This is a real achievement by American engineering and manufacturing.  I also think this appears to be a very positive result of saving GM. With a product like this they should be able to repay before long, much like Chrysler did years ago.

As a former SAE member, my hat is off to GM - the Cruz Eco is quite an accomplishment. 

Jim at Dawn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)