AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you watch sale prices when checking out?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DaleK
Posted 3/3/2012 23:00 (#2266072 - in reply to #2265651)
Subject: RE: Do you watch sale prices when checking out?

East-Central Ontario
Not so much on groceries but I watch the local TSC very carefully anymore, lots of sales on items they deliberately don't stock, lots of mispriced items, etc. Had a sale last fall, 50% off on a tool I'd been looking for, would have saved me about $300. Had to go to town the day the sale open anyway, shelf was bare when I got there.

Now they happen to have expanded their "customer" section of the store into part of the warehouse section a few years back so I could see several of the item sitting on a shelf in the warehouse. Asked the manager, nope they had a couple of them in stock but they sold out early and weren't expecting to get any more in until after the sale ended, sorry, no raincheck. What about those ones I can see over on the shelves out back? He got all pissy with me, ended up selling me one at the sale price. As I left I could hear him tearing a strip off one of the employees for not hiding them around the corner out of sight so he wouldn't have to sell them cheap.

Not the only time I've heard of them being caught hiding stock until the sale was over so they wouldn't have to sell it cheap, not only at this store either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)