AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jcs
Posted 2/27/2012 21:49 (#2255913)
Subject: What is it?

Oklahoma
I agreed to work on an old JD one way disc of my Grandpa's for my Dad similar to the 250/260 photos posted a few weeks ago. All it needed was a new disc blade or so we all thought. JD emblem is cast on numerous parts of the disc including the 3 housings where the gang was held to the frame. The photo below is what was on each side of that housing. The housing was full of grease and there was grease even inside all the spools. Best I can tell the rubber was meant to be a dust seal of some sorts but of the 6 on this 4 have tears in the rubber. I have been to JD and the "experienced" parts man told me "that is homemade, JD never made anything like that" then went on to tell me it was a clutch. I can see how it looks like a clutch but can't figure out what it was doing on this disc. To me, there are lots of old one ways, JD or others so it should be out there some where. Looked at the old JD parts manuals I can find on the net and they show seals and bearings.

So what is it, what are my options for repairing this and getting it back to a "add a disc blade". Tempted to put a new blade on it and just run it for no more than what it is used for.
Thanks in advance. Photobucket

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)