AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question re: Ford F-150 3.7L
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Doug W
Posted 2/22/2012 21:53 (#2245578)
Subject: Question re: Ford F-150 3.7L

Regina/ 14 miles South of Moose Jaw Saskatchewan
Hi:

Continuing my hunt for info on newer 1/2 tons.... Been following the Ford Eco-Boost discussions on here as they're posted - seems like lots of power - but getting the advertised economy with no load at highway speeds might be difficult....

My situation is 95% of the time I'm using my truck to haul me and parts around - the other 5% might be fuel in the field, 1-2 times per yr would be tag along trailer (seed bags, small implements, etc.)

Had a 92 Ford F-350 with a 7.3L diesel for the big jobs - sold it & the 5th wheel trailer since it was an expensive rig to license for very few "needed" trips per year....

....Have been toying with the idea of a 3.7 L V-6 in a supercab F-150 4X4.... the numbers look surprisingly good for both economy - & it looks like enough power to plod along for the 1-2 times I do need to trailer something....

Can't really make a small car + truck work (60 miles between farm & city - so there'd be too many times where the truck would be one place & it'd be needed elsewhere) - Currently running a 4x2 F-150 with a 4.6L V6 & 5 spd Std - so used to "plodding" - just never pulled a trailer with this particular truck....

Any experiences anyone can share?

Many thanks!

Doug W.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)