AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

combine repair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oldbones
Posted 2/16/2012 19:45 (#2232994 - in reply to #2232725)
Subject: RE: combine repair

Floyd County, Iowa
Wow. That's a bunch. Not too many things you couldn't do yourself if you're mechanically inclined at all. Have you done anything (repairs/maintenance) to it since you bought it?
I used to take mine in for "free" inspection. Then I started paying them to have a tech come out and inspect it in my yard. Usually a couple hours for inspection, but I figure I can't justify driving it an hour each way for the cost of inspection at home. This way, I can be here and go over it with him as he does his thing. He doesn't mind me tagging along asking questions- at least he says it's OK with him. I figure that if I delay him an extra half hour, I'm paying for his time. He knows that unless it's something I won't tackle (like replacing the unload auger & such), I'll buy my parts from his store and do it myself. If I can't do it, he'll be doing it for me. He'll usually tell me if there is anything tricky about doing it. Might be the exception to the norm, but I appreciate his knowledge and help. Besides all that, he's really a nice guy to visit with. They aren't a mega-dealer, just 2 stores, so that may be why they're so helpful.
Sorry about the long post.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)