AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

deals gone bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 2/17/2012 14:44 (#2234591 - in reply to #2232644)
Subject: RE: deals gone bad

Wi

Ron Seagraves - 2/16/2012 15:42

I had a little different experience last year.   Called a man in Indiana about a tractor he had for sale.  He said he would hold it for me until I got up there the next day to look at it.  After I got there and decided to buy it he told me another person had called after I did and offered him more than he was asking.  He told them he already had someone coming to look at it and would do nothing until that happened.  

There still are good, honest people in the world.    

Sometimes this is honesty, enough times it is a smart salesman too. Saying they have gotten higher offers but will settle for their asking price is a good way of implying that they will not budge on their price but it is much more manipulative as it leads you to believe if you dont take it now, it will be gone. It also makes the seller look like an angel. This of course is if you haven't already agreed on a price.

dane73 - 2/16/2012 21:46 looked at a tractor on dealers lot on a Satuday. Salesman said he would call first thing Monday to come look at my trade He did exactly as he said. We arranged a Wednesday get together to look at my tractor. He called that morning to tell me what time he would be there which was noon. We had lunch together and then looked at my trade. I tried to negotiate but he would not budge. I wanted the tractor so I signed the purchase agreement trading my tractor for his. I felt real good about th purchase. Next morning, Jim the salesman called and said " I have bad news" while he was over selling me the tractor another salesman sold the tractor to someone else. Jim drove 70 miles to my place. Needless to say I was upset but also upset for Jim. I told Jim I don,t know your other salesman but I would never ever buy anything from him. He new Jim was headed my way and he beat him out of a sale waisting his day and mine.

Just had this locally but with a better turnout. Dealing on a newer KW at the local dealership, they sold the truck I was looking at but had an identical one that just came in and wasn't completely traded yet so I looked it over drove it and the next mornign went down to put a deposit on it. Just before I got there one of the other salesman was about to sell it until my salesman said I was on my way down.

This summer I bought a used KRL Snap-on tool box. Get a steal on it, $7,500 less than new price and in good shape.  The guy was 4 hours away. He offered to meet me half way with it.  Worked very nicely he had a little motorcycle trailer and I had a cattle trailer, flipped the ramp down into it and rolled it in. Things heavy (just under 1000lbs).

There still are enough decent ones out there, but its sad you have to assume they are all bad up front. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)